CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Luke's First Day of Kindergarten

Wow, yesterday was a big milestone for Luke (and Mommy) he started Kindergarten!  This has been really tough on me, because I always pictured him going to half day Kindergarten, but was told by the school he would be the only one doing that, and no one had done it for 7 years!  We only live a block from the school and I am home anyway, so I thought it would be able to happen.  I ended up deciding to send him for the whole day, because I didn't want him to be the only kid not going whole day.  Today is his first long day, so we will see how it goes!  He ended up doing really well yesterday, and was very excited about his first day.  I cried a bit, and have cried more today, but I think some of it may be because I just gave birth less than 3 weeks ago.  Gotta love hormones!  It is hard though after spending everyday with him for 5 years to send him out into the world, but that is part of being a parent.  I know he is going to learn a lot this year, and make lots of new friends.  I will have more time and attention for Gabby and Colin this way too! 
Yesterday Rob and I walked Luke down to the school, and got to stay there for the first hour which was nice.



0 comments: