CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bed Rest.............

Well I had some surprising news on Tuesday from my dr. I knew that my blood pressure had been starting to go a little wacky, because I was seeing sparkly floaters in my vision, my face, fingers, and ankles were swollen, and I had that familiar radiating abdominal pain I had with Luke. I went to the dr. last Friday, where they told me that I would have to take one of those fun 24 urine tests to check for protein. I never heard back from the dr. after taking the test, so I figured all was fine! Tuesday at 2:30 I went in for my dr.'s apt, where she started talking about my blood pressure, and how bad it got with Luke, and therefor she thought it would be good if I started bed rest since I am only 27 weeks, and we don't want it to get worse. That meant calling my work, and telling them I would be off for the remainder of my pregnancy, and going home and starting bed rest immediately. I am only able to to get up to shower, and sit up to eat meals, oh yeah of course to go to the bathroom. I can only leave the house once a week, for my weekly dr.'s apt. I was on bed rest for a little over a week at the end with Luke when they just decided the best thing was to deliver him at 36 weeks. We are hoping I can make it to at least 36 weeks this pregnancy. My family has already been great helping me, but I have a long road ahead. It will all be worth it to hold my precious little girl in my arms. Keep making posts to your blogs, so I have some fun stuff to read while lying on the couch! =)

0 comments: